Prevention and Protection
This page has been created for our community to keep gym visitors informed about what our Fitness Center are doing to prepare with variables associated with Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). We have not have any cases in our gym community, but aim to manage this web page to provide transparency and tips to help mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19.
Ownership and staff have been monitoring updates, participating in conference calls, and following the most up-to-date protocols advised by the:
- Official California State Government Website
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Our fitness center team is working to stay current on Interim Recommendations for US Community Facilities. The size of our facility and our committed staff allow us to be agile to proactively manage the disinfectant procedures, while also being able to adopt new recommendations set by the CDC.
Currently, hand sanitizing solutions are now available at the front desk and all fitness studios. We continue to have towels and cleaning spray bottles throughout the gym to wipe down equipment, while having our Cleaning and Maintenance Staff working every weekday afternoon. Additionally, our front desk and child watch teams will remain focused on cleaning high touch surfaces including but not limited to door handles, chairs, touch screens, water fountains, and restrooms.
The CDC continues to report that the immediate risk to the general public in Massachusetts remains low at this time (https://covid19.ca.gov/)
- WASH Wash your hands thoroughly with soap for at least 20 seconds. Sing a song lyric while washing.
- TOWELS Bring your own towels from home to wipe down the equipment. This will give users a greater awareness of cleanliness, while knowing where the towel has been. The gym will continue to provide towels and paper towels throughout the center.
- SICK? STAY HOME Stay home if feeling sick or ill – even with a stuffy nose or cough. This is a strong courtesy to our entire membership community to keep everyone healthy.
- USE and WIPE Disinfectant wipes are around the entire gym. After using any piece of equipment, please wipe down the equipment so it is ready for the next person.